Posted in Dan’s Blog on May 20th, 2012 by Dan Hickey
Being a leader during the final days of a school year can be filled with many challenges. Your ability to help everyone navigate this time is critical to a positive end of the year. Your effort is needed and it is your time to LEAD! Listed below are some helpful reminders for the end of the year.
- Provide a positive energy and attitude during the final days of school. Remember your days are not the toughest or most difficult.
- Let your staff know you care and support them, some staff tend to lose patience with their students during this stretch. Be there for them.
- During your end of the year activities including graduation, award ceremonies, or move ups at all levels, keep your remarks short, student focused, with more we talk than I talk.
- Keep reminding your staff to be well planned with high expectations and patience. Remember, you are not the leader of the countdown clock for the students final day, Everyone needs to finish strong.
- Remember to do three things, Listen, Listen, Listen.
- This can be a very anxious and emotional time of year for many. As result, fight being needy. Concentrate on filling buckets during this time of year.
Get to work and step up and be a leader, you can do it!
Quotes of the week:
Arrogance = you adapt to me. Humility = I adapt to you. Rockwell
Negative culture is Lack of trust, visibility, vision & communication, allows negativity to lurk and build until it bubbles over. Chris Stogdill