I noticed today that the spreadsheet feature has changed slightly. In true Google fashion, they do not go out of their way to tell what is different, they much prefer to let you know it is there, offer you the choice to convert or not convert (for now) and allow you to figure things out yourself.
I worked with it for about a half an hour, and honestly, I didn’t notice any functional difference. The layout of the toolbar seemed a bit neater and tighter, but other than the fact that the formula bar being up top now, instead of hidden in the bottom right corner (which is something many users wanted).
Please post anything you notice that would qualify as any kind of major difference between the two.
On a personal note, I finished the second round of training for our staff conversion today. Mostly enthusiastic!